HKØNA Malpelo DXpedition 2012
We’ll be active from 6 to 160 meters (include Warc bands) in CW, SSB and RTTY with as many as 10 stations at the same time in different bands and modes.
*These frequencies have been specifically selected in coordination with the VP6T team so as to minimize the possibility of mutual interference
|This might change depending on the local QRM.|
- We’ll be emphasizing our operation on this band, it will be a new one for most 6 m operators.
- The set up consists of a 5 element Yagi, radio and an amplifier.
- We will be QRV 6m when the band is open.
- Frequencies maybe changed, depending on local noise/birdies. Split operation will be deployed when needed.
- Main mode is CW. If band conditions permit, SSB mode will be used to gain a higher QSO rate. Please do not ask for mode changing.
- Please avoid QSO duplication, give others a chance. Logs will be uploaded twice a day to our site.
- Long haul contacts are rare and last for a short period. If multi-hop event happens the operator will give it special attention.
- Grid locator is: . Please, DO NOT send your locator, it is not needed and we won’t log it anyway, it wastes precious time.
- Whenever it’s possible, and while the band remains closed, the station will be beaconing on the same frequency. If you hear it, feel free to send a text (SMS) saying your grid locator and report only. Tlfn: +
- Qsl Via N2OO